05 December, 2016

November 2016


Well November has come to an end, and what a month it has been, birthdays and funerals have littered the month.

I turned 54 and my birthday turned out great didn't start that way as on the day I only received a pair of sunnies from Tim on the day but thanks to Kathy-Lee I decided to have a birthday week and the following day I received some great gifts and then on the Friday I received even more awesome gifts from my family so by the end of the week I felt loved and wanted by all in the family. I had a great birthday lunch at my parents place on the Saturday and a great birthday lunch here with my girls on the Sunday although Natasha was a no show yet again.

The other birthday this month was Leigh her birthday is two days after mine and I think she had a great day as well.

The start of the month saw me house/dog sitting for Dave again, on the Friday and Saturday nights I had Leo with me and Sandra and her girls were there as well and it was great a really nice time was had by all of us I think. The Saturday afternoon saw our niece Kelli turn up with her dog and the boys Blain and Daemon they hung around till around 8pm. I however, was in bed really early because I got pretty drunk which is unusual for me I am not much of a drinker. Kelli was there because of fires around where she lives and she returned home when she got the all clear to go home, the rest of the time I was there on my own.

Let's move on to my parents they celebrated 56 years of marriage this year but it wasn't the best of days as that was the day my nan (mum's mum) passed away.

We all knew it was coming and only on our last visit to see nan just before she passed away mum told her it was time she went and be with pop and Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Diane and on the Saturday at around 4.40am she passed away.

Aunt Perla was with her most of the time for close to two weeks she was sleeping at the nursing home with her and it was Perla who rang Uncle Frank telling him she didn't think it would be much longer before nan passed and to go over and join her.

Nan's funeral was held on the 25th November at St Albans church at Charlestown it was well attended with most of her grandchildren and some great-grandchildren and even a couple of great-great-grandchildren.

All my girls attended and all Jeannie's children attended and Sue's youngest child Kelli attended, Kirsty of course lives in Queensland and was unable to attended and I am not sure why Heather and Vaughan were unable to attend. I know they wouldn't have felt close to nanna as they really didn't know her and I get that. I told all my girls that I didn't expect them to attend the cemetery just the church which they did.

Did I shed a tear, no I didn't, did I sob and all out cry, sure did I was really upset and Kathy and Tasha both came to give me a a hug as did Sue for that I am thankful to all of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment